Friday 3 February 2012

Parking Collection Services

A company called Parking Collection Services sent me a letter last week demanding the sum of £40 for a PCN that had been placed on my car.  The PCN was allegedly placed on my car as a result of being parked in a car park longer than the permitted time.  Firstly, I have never been to the car park in question (it is in Scotland and I live in West Yorkshire) and secondly I won't pay.
I have had experience of these types of companies before.  They 'manage' car parks for various places like hospitals, colleges and retail parks.  They issue a PCN (when issued by one of these companies this stands for Parking Charge  Notice) which is intended to look like the Penalty Charge Notices which can only be issued by the Police or Council (the Government, basically).  A lot of people fall for it and pay immediatley on receipt of a PCN or a letter claiming their vehicle was issued with a PCN and asking why they haven't paid yet.  The letters and PCN are often worded so that if you don't pay immediatley you will have to pay an even larger sum or risk legal action.
It's all a load of crap.  The PCN's are effectively invoices, and invalid ones at that as they don't have a real postal address but a PO box number. If you get one, ignore it.


Well that was a little off topic but I felt I had to get it off my chest.
If you need more info go to moneysavingexpert and you will see there are lots of people who have had these companies pestering them.

As for the Clarets, quite a good week.  No-one bought J-Rod which is good and we're better than Leeds still.

2 comments:

  1. I have received one of these letters today saying I was parked at Chichester uni I have never been to Chichester in my life so how did they get my registration number when I have never been there

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think they just buy registration details from the dvla. It only costs a couple of quid, they stand to gain more if they catch some one gullible enough. dont pay it, ignore it.

    ReplyDelete