Saturday 26 November 2011

Hull City v Burnley Match Report

Hull took a two goal lead today and threw it away...  er, well like Chelsea.
Incidentally Hull's shirts are inspired by the skin colour of former manger Phil Brown.
Anyway, back to the Burnley game.  I checked the score after about 15 minutes and was chuffed to bits to see that the Clarets were already a goal behind, scored after 11 minutes by Matty Fryatt.  It also pleased me to see that we were two goals down after 55 minutes, Fryatt again with the goal.   These days I lose optimism if we are two behind so I stopped checking the score till after the final whistle.  I checked then to make sure we had conceded again after 66, 77 and 88 minutes.  I thought 99 was even a possibility but I was denied my O.C.D. triumph by the Clarets amazing comeback, winning 2-3 with J-Rod scoring the winner in the 93rd minute.  Oh well, better luck next time.
I'm pleased we won though.  I'm also glad Leeds lost too.  And Rovers.
So to the next game, which is at home to Ipswich on Tuesday night.  We're up to 16th now, and if we beat the Tractor boys we can go joint 12th (if Peterborough, Reading, Barnsley and Derby all lose, which can't happen because Reading take on Peterborough at home so forget I said that).

Slight change of topic now.  I thought I'd share some memories of the glory days when we were Division Three Champions (League One for our younger readers).  Here is a newspaper clipping of showing Martin Dobson collecting the throphy from the then Football League Senior Vice Chairman Mr Dick Wragg.
Get it? Dick Wragg?  Just me then?

Well on a serious note, what's going on with Gary Barlow's suits?

No comments:

Post a Comment