Thursday 29 December 2011

Lionel Messi has to go...

The clarets got the festive football period off to a great start on Boxing day by beating Doncaster Rovers 3 - 0.  Results appear to be a bit more consistent of late, having won 5 of our last 6 games, the only aberration being the last minute defeat to Pompey, who I hate along with their bells.  We might just have to right games against them off.
So our form has gone from losing games we should win (ie home games to 'weaker' teams) and wining games we should lose.  Having beaten Donny, a 'weaker' team, lets hope we can keep beating better teams or teams in good form starting with Hull on New Years Eve.  Then we really need to get off to a good start in 2012 by beating Leeds at Elland Road.  I have mentioned before, I work with several Leeds fans and I'd rather like it if we beat them.  Just once.
On another subject, I am spending Christmas with family in Spain and the other day my wife and I were wandering round the compulsory 'old town' and we popped our heads into the medieval church.  It's a beautiful building complete with bullet holes as a reminder of the civil war.  There was a great nativity scene with a man pooing as is the Spanish tradition
Even Messi has to go...
The music accompanying this religious scene was...  "A Wombling Merry Christmas!".   Jesus wishes you a Wombling Merry Christmas.  Brilliant.
There was a woman at the front praying and everything.  The next song was Mud's "Lonley this Christmas".  Not as funny, but in the same ball park in my opinion.  I'm hoping to come back at Easter to hear Leona Lewis belting out "Bleeding Love".

No comments:

Post a Comment