Monday 16 January 2012

Burnley are better than Leeds - Update

In my last post I set out my goal to prove that Burnley Football Club is better than Leeds Utd Football Club, using scientific statistical analysis.  In the past week I began the huge undertaking of building up a body of research stretching back into the very beginnings of this great game we call football.  I was ready to compile spreadsheets, create graphs and charts, and generally waste my time in the name of getting one up one my colleagues who are 'dirty' Leeds fans.  Fortunately the lovely people at Football365 have done all that work for me and you can see clearly here that Burnley are better than Leeds.
As Leeds fans are a desperate breed, they will say that this table is flawed insofar as Burnley have been around for longer and therefore have had more time to score goals and so on.  I don't give a toss.  In my book as Burnley was founded in 1882 and Leeds in 1919 we were far better than Leeds for 37 years.  They didn't even exist.  You can't get much worse than that.
I have one particularly obnoxious colleague who had a bit of a go at me in my guise as a Burnley fan the other day.  In defence of a couple of 'jokes' I pointed out that Burnley won the league before Leeds even existed (not strictly true but he knew no better).  He came back with the old 'But you've never played in the Champions League' chestnut, which I smashed out of there with 'Burnley were the third English club to compete in the European Cup, knob-head'.  The annoying this is they go on about the Champions League like they just got knocked out by Barcelona last week.  They haven't qualified for the CL for 12 (twelve) years!  They were in League One three years ago!  Burnley had won the league twice before Leeds won their first title (of three, ever. One more than us, woop-de-doo).  In fact, Leeds haven't won a great deal more than us.  They've never won the Third or Fourth Division, we have.  Fact. And Leeds will never win the Anglo-Scottish Cup or the Ferencvaros Vase.
So there you have it.  Conclusive proof that Burnley are better than Leeds.  And if that wasn't enough, or you need something more up to date then check this out:

Npower Championship standings as of 15/01/12

10 Burnley 26 6 39
11 Leeds 26 3 39


In your face Leeds.  In your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment