Saturday 5 November 2011

Ups and downs

Well we've had a mixture this week.  Beaten in the League Cup by Cardiff, then a great home win in front of the Sky TV cameras against local rivals Blackpool.  And finally after having had expectations lifted by that win we get brought back down to earth by losing to Leicester at home.
On the upsidem however, Leeds then got batterd 5-0 at home by Blackpool which gave me an opprtinity to slate all the Leeds fans I work with, which is always a bonus.
I had a couple of bets on the midweek football as well, two accumulators which both lost.  I only had £2 on them though.  The Wednesday one I had 7 fixtures, 6 of which I got right but Man City went and won in Villareal when I had them down for a draw.  Curses!
So we are away at Bristol City this weekend.  They are in the bottom three so on paper we should get something out of the game, but I shall remain pessimistic as we tend not to do well in that neck of the woods.
I have recently started following some of the Burnley players on twitter, like Charlie Austen, Marvin Bartley and Chris McCann and I was interested to find that they like to watch Celebrity Juice.  I also like CJ and now feel like I have something in common with the players.  They also went to Alton Towers the day after the Blackpool game.  I would have gone to the Pleasure Beach after that game!

Right I'm of to put a bet on the weekend football.  Wich me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment